dissabte, 7 d’octubre del 2023

Declining an invitation to the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev


Carta adreçada a la Ben-Gurion University del Negev, declinant una invitació acadèmica en solidaritat amb el poble palestí, rebuda el juliol de 2010.

.......

To Dani Filc
Department of Politics and Government
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev

Dear Dani:

I have been thinking about your very kind invitation to participate in the workshop that the University Ben Gurion is preparing for the coming winter, under the title “The Urban Geography of Health: Migration, Space and Policy”. As much as I would really like to assist at this event I am afraid that recent events related to the Gaza conflict have made me reconsider my decision. To publicly decline your invitation is indeed the only thing I can do in order to contribute to the condemnation of the criminal blockade that the State of Israel is subjecting the civilian population of Palestine to. Please understand my position as an expression of criticism towards your government, not towards yourself or the event organizers. I am confident that there will be more opportunities to meet you, hopefully in an Israel less cruel and unfair than the current one.
I send you warm regards and wish you all the luck in your initiative.


Manuel Delgado
Departament d'Antropologia Cultural i d'Història d'Amèrica i Àfrica
Universitat de Barcelona

Canals de vídeo

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwKJH7B5MeKWWG_6x_mBn_g?feature=watch